Saturday, March 25, 2006

"Breaking Hearts" Goes On Air!

Back in the day when music did not exceed speeds of 33 1/3 RPM, it was my dream to become a Disc Jockey. A dream, but not a passion -- so this particular dream has been deferred whilst I follow me bliss down other avenues. However, the youthful dream still retains enough of its charm to get me misty-eyed and nostalgic. So it gives me great pleasure to be a contributor to this Sunday's songlist of passionate wax-man Darko V. As if that weren't enough, I find my choices surrounded by incredible company: DV himself, and Cowtown Pattie. Let's hear it for the musical ménage à trois! (Oh, you just know hearts are gonna break, this Sunday -- here, from 9:00 to 12:00 EST!)

4 comments:

DarkoV said...

Why thank you, WP, I always did look best in uniform....a largeish uniform. Here's hoping I'm able to dig up all of the goods at the station library. Bob Bennett's "I'm still alive tonight" may be particularly difficult. Don't foresee any problems with Emmylou. Is Doc Watson's version of "What a Friend I have in Jesus" o.k. with you? May have to throw in a few songs from Roseanne Cash's latest, "Black Cadillac". It's a killer of the nth degree.

Trent Reimer said...

That IS a collection of good characters, not to mention good taste.

On a side note, I thought you weren't going to post any pictures of you and your wife? Glad to get the door for you though...

Whisky Prajer said...

DV - Bennett is a bit of a stretch, I know. No harm done if he doesn't appear. And most Mennonites would kill to sound like Doc Watson, which is a good thing.

TR - you like the new paint job on our Echo?

Cowtown Pattie said...

Awww, you guys....

WP and DV, I am flattered to be linked through your blogs. Great stuff guys, and here's to many more good tunes!

( you do take lime and salt with your Corona's?)