Monday, May 29, 2006

Keeee-raaash!!

Looks like my dumpster computer will be returning to its former home. Seems to happen with me at this time of year, doesn't it? Ah, well. My wife (this is her work computer I now type on) has encouraged me to forego my usual Menno thrift in favour of getting something pert-near state-of-the-art. Hopefully, the new rig will arrive at my doorstep in the next day or two.

Strangely enough, I'm going to miss the wheezy old jalopy -- thank you Kaz, for passing along the savings. And thank you Roar for jury-rigging Linux Red Hat when my BIOS was compromised. And finally, thank you Bro for the painless introduction to Ubuntu Linux -- the very first installation I'll be making when the new box is up and running.

2 comments:

DarkoV said...

Regrets for your Dumpster PC's demise; Congrats on the spouse-approved newbie! Frankly between you and your Bro, I see a business opportunity in that PC niche occupied by the I-must-read-every-PC-mag-to-optimize-my-purchase-price population. Mennonite PC is a brand name screaming for a box, a higher order word for Economy while faintly suggesting System Help of a higher order.

Whisky Prajer said...

That "higher order" is exactly the help our customers would need. Thank you, but I'm most comfortable with the current arrangement: I make all the coding errors and my brother bails me out.