Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"Fool me twice ... well, that's just not going to happen. Unless your name is Indiana Jones. Then it can happen three times. Or four. Or...."

Steven Spielberg reportedly made the third Indiana Jones movie as an apology for the second one. Gee, thanks. So what was Bruce Willis apologizing for this summer? I think if Spielberg felt truly penitent he'd have left the whole mess for George Lucas to make toe jam with.

Now comes word that Sylvester Stallone is trying to figure out some way to integrate the current Myanmar body count into his latest installment of Rambo. Great: now we have another a fourth movie we really don't need.

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

When I was a child, the second one was my favorite. But I re-watched it recently, and couldn't believe how bad it was. I couldn't figure out if it was because I had aged, or the movie had. I guess it must have been me.

Whisky Prajer said...

I was a camp counselor the year Temple of Doom came out. I had cabins full of like-minded 10-year-olds who never tired of rehashing through the "Ooo - Eel Surprise!" scene. *sigh* Oh well. It's comforting to know Alexei Sayle pulled a paycheque for that bit.