Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This Year's Summer Vacation Soundtrack

I'm chafing to wax rhapsodic on Ry Cooder's California Trilogy, particularly his latest fully-leaded whimsy I, Flathead. DarkoV assures me he is intent on doing likewise. Since I was never one to steal a friend's thunder (or miss an opportunity to cajole) I shall wait until he throws down.

Our family is prepping for this summer's trip out west. My younger daughter has chosen her road tuneage: Alvin & The Chipmunks. I shall insist on the next chapter of Harry Potter, or failing that, one of my own mixed CDs, which I knit together on behalf of my godson.

Track listing with links and meditational explications to follow.

1 comment:

DarkoV said...

WP,
Always the gentleman. Just returned from my short 3 day summer vacation, during which I totally peeved my ever-loving wife by continually playing "I, Flathead" whenever we were awake. It was the soundtrack of the vacation. I will post, posthaste, so as not to gum up your creative juices!
Have a great journey, even with the hyper-high chipmunks playing along.