Friday, August 06, 2010

Progress, Continued

When last we glanced at the back yard, it looked like this and this.

This morning it looks like this:



A closer look at the deck:



A closer look at the concrete walk leading to the mud-room:



Alright, that's this week's blog. I apologize for being slow to post, but between getting other things done and attempting family vacations that is unlikely to change for the next week or two. Typically for this time of year there are one or two larger posts on the back-burner. I'll continue stirring and adding ingredients to those dishes. In the meantime, CP is diggin' on Grace Potter (plus a few others).

5 comments:

Cowtown Pattie said...

Have a great vacation! ( I think I remember what that is =(

Where's the dog in all those photos? You gotta have a dog?

Whisky Prajer said...

No, we do not "gotta have a dog." We do not even gotta have a cat, and yet cats we have. *sigh*

paul bowman said...

Fine progress! Always enjoy the house photos.

I designed & built a deck with a similar floating look for friends some years ago. Might dig up a few details to show you.

Whisky Prajer said...

I'd certainly be curious to see that. At this point I'm keen to have this finished so's we can use the mud-room again.

DarkoV said...

WP,
Love the deck.
Because.
It's small.
It's not one of those battleship multi-levled monstrosities that then requires the maintenance (and the seepage of valuable time) doled out to rooms within the house.
It's simple. "My spouse and I sit in these blue chairs and then we step off into the yard." No cascading terraces of preserved wood that are rarely occupied by human beings.
But.....
I'm with CP.
A dog.
Obtain one soon. There's a bow missing in your wow.